Tuesday, August 16, 2011

fitness hypochondriacs

It has been a while since i've written but im back with renewed fire!

This past saturday I hit Penn Station at 1030 am! cup of iced coffee in hand and my captain planet T-shirt and beat up gray Chucks in my bag i thought i was ready for the day. I get on the New Jersey Transit and head to Glen Rock to DeFranco's Training warehouse. I walk in and am immediately fixated on the four platforms and 60 feet of open space with two tires! one weighed 450 lbs the other 650 lbs.

The day started for me with a log clean and jerk i hit 210 for a single, 650 lb tire flip, 402 rickshaw carry, and my highlight for myself was a 532 lb yolk walk for 60 feet.

Something very interesting happened. I found out that i am becoming soft! i cared way too much about the extension of lumbar spine and the stability of my shoulder with the lock out at the top of my jerk. During my yolk walk i was more concerned about my thoracic spine moving from extension and flexion than i was about how awesome it was that i just walked 60 feet with 532 lbs on my back!

When did i become such a little bitch? Information is freedom but damnit it makes me not take risks! WebMD turned a simple sneeze into potential death, now all this good information at my fingertips (thanks internet) makes everything a cause of concern. Risk/Reward is the cause and the more we know the more we are aware of the risks the less we are willing to try. The less we are willing to try, the less reward we will get!

When did we as men lose our manhood!!!! when did we stop risking and fighting for our PR's. So form breaks a bit with a lift so what? is it a habit? are you always breaking form or did you JUST break form? thats awesome! now you know your threshold! dominate at slightly lower weights and, using proper progression and adherence to the overload principle, build up until you can dominate that weight that broke you!

take a chance, leave your comfort zone, force your body to adapt to that stimuli. If you want something you've never had you have to do something you've never done.


GO OUT ON A LIMB! THATS WHERE YOU WILL FIND THE BEST TASTING FRUIT

No comments:

Post a Comment